A typical 6 storey commercial building in steel.
- The steelwork package is a single point of procurement and often includes decking and through deck welding of shear connectors and in some cases, concreting.
- Detailing is carried out by the steelwork contractor and all design information is integrated into a client's Building Information System by Architect.
- Cladding and services are integrated with respect to the steelwork design.
A typical 6 storey commercial building in steel. Fire engineering is widely used in large, complex and uniquely designed steel buildings. In a fire accident, such buildings will be safe. Advanced fire protection is dominated by boards.
- In a commercial building, the floors could provide acoustic function and the internal walls betwen individual occupancies could provide a separating and often a fire resisting function.
- Floors are required to provide a minimum level of acoustic reduction (sound reduction), but this requirement is normally easily satisfied by the depth of composite floors that are also designed for a minimum of 1 hour of fire resistance.