- Excellent design & secure fastening systems ensure the security and weather-light performance of coated steel roofing during extreme weather. Coated steel sheets are resistant to fire.
- Excellent thermal properties that keep the building cooler in summer and warmer in winter
- Prevents noise and provide quite roofing system, particularly when used in combination with appropriate insulation systems.
Do's & Dont's While Storage
MATERIAL HANDLINGS, STORAGE & SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR COATED STEEL COILS / SHEETS
This material handling, storage & safety data sheet is applicable for Pre-painted / AI-Zn Alloy coated / Galvanised steel products under the following instructions after the shipment from ALFA STEEL. AlfaSteel's recommendations on the handling of Alfa Pre-painted / AI-Zn Alloycoated / Galvanised productsteelcoils, sheetforroofing / building / cladding construction / installation.
- Handling: Alfa Pre-Painted / AI-Zn Alloy coated / Galvanised steel product should be handled with properequipments during loading & offloading of the material. Le., Forklift, Crane. C hooks, Nylon Belts. High tensile straps cutter etc. Material should be properly lashed, chocked & covered for transportation. Coils handling should be very smooth without any rapid shock during lifting movement from one place to another place. Pre-painted coils should not be rolled on floor.
- Safety wares like helmet,hand gloves,shoes should b eworn by material handling personne.
- Storage: Alfa Pre-painted / AI-Zn Alloy coated / Galvanised steel product, if not required for immediate use, should be neatly sacked (sheets or coils) clear or ground without any water seepage inside. In case the material is left in open, it should be protected from rain and moisture with tarpaulins or similar covers and stacked at an angle to assist drainage.
- The polythene used to wrap the pack is not suitable for prolonged exposure in the open since sunlight modifies its properties.
- Forming: Equipment should be clean so that any oil / grease or foreign particle does not come in contact with the pre-painted surface. Sheets should not be dragged over other sheets or equipment surfaces.
- Any debris or surplus items such as fasteners, iron drill particles to be carefully removed each day after completion of installation work Le. swarf, surplus items such as fasteners to be removed from work place.
- In case of material with protective film, the film should be removed immediately during the installation.
- Durability of product is subjected to environment conditions in surrounding atmosphere at installation site.
|Base Metal||High Tensile Steel|
|Coating Mass||150 AZ / 70 AZ|
Paint Properties Comparision
|Properties||SUPER/HIGH Durable Polyester||RMP||SMP||PVDF||PVC|
|Consumption per lit.||Colour Specific|
|Foam Adhesion||Colour Specific|
|Types of products||PVDF||SDP||SMP||RMP|
|Description||Highest UV resistance coating based on a mixture of PVDF and Acrylic resins. ( Applicable in adverse climatic condition like High rise building, Malls,Facades)||This product gives best possible UV resistance of polyester based coatings ( Applicable in Roofing, façade cladding of residential)||Silicon Modified polyester based coatings for elevated temperature areas||
A wide & varied range of products based on polyester resins
|Corrosively Environment||C3 Category||C2 Category||C2 Category||C1 Category|
|End Use||Especially suitable for facades in residential areas.||Roofing & Siding||Roofing & Cladding||Facades, Roofing& Ceilings|
|Resin System||PVDF & Acrylic Resin (70:30)||Super Durable Resin||Silicon Modified Resin||Modified Polyester Resin|
|Pigments||High Performance Inorganic Pigments||High Performance Pigments||Regular Organic and Inorganic Pigments||Regular Organic and Inorganic Pigments|
|Shades||Restricted Colours||Restricted Colours||All Shades||All Shades|
|Recommended DFT||18-20µ||18-20 µ||14-20 µ||14-20 µ|
|Gloss* @ 60 (%)||10-35||10-80||10-80||10-80|
|QUV* @ASTM G154||4000Hrs||1500Hrs||1000Hrs||1000Hrs|
|SST** @ASTM B117||1500 Hrs||1000Hrs||1000Hrs||1000Hrs|
|Humidity||2000 Hrs||1000 Hrs||1000 Hrs||1000 Hrs|
|Hardness||Soft film with low scratch resistance||Good Scratch resistance||Very Good scratch resistance||Excellent scratch resistance|
|Flexibility||Flexible Top Coats||Medium Flexible||Semi Hard Topcoats||Average Flexibility|
|Warranty||10-12 years warranty based on shade & territory||8-12 years warranty based on shade & territory||5-10 years warranty based on shade & territory||No Warranty|